The mini kitchen set has been a large part of my childhood, much like everyone else’s. I remember wanting to make the best make-believe muddy tea, imagining it to be so flavorful and hot, ultimately feeding it to the grass that grew by the tree in our yard! I also remember pretending to feed yummy food to the pets, sneaking small bits of leftovers into a plate of water instead. They lapped away at it anyhow, so I consider that a win for me!
It’s so wonderful to think that a child’s mind is so imaginative with the smallest of things that it lays its eyes on or holds in its hands. The varieties in shape, color, and materials promise endless possibilities to the tiny tots, giving them a chance to explore their love for cooking and play-pretend while also keeping them occupied for the time being.
Why You Should Buy A Mini Kitchen Set For Your Children
A mini Kitchen set is often stereotyped as a feminine/girls’ toy, yet one cannot help but wonder why it must be restricted that way. Here are a few reasons why you should get your child a mini kitchen set to play with right away!
- They help the tiny tots identify daily items and utensils, expanding their horizons to recognize objects and commit them to memory.
- They keep the tots grounded to reality even during playtime, helping them understand the daily human lifestyle.
- Mini kitchen sets help tiny tots understand the function of utensils and allow children to explore how they can be used in a less messy environment with the freedom to find the best way to use them, ultimately improving their dexterity.
- The kitchen sets also demand interaction with other objects such as beads, seeds, and counters, teaching them about quantity, number and movement between vessels.
- They also encourage children to interact with other tots and parents during playtime and include them in their pretend cooking/serving food routine.
- Mini Kitchen sets also teach children to observe real-life situations and follow instructions in cooking routines and recipes to mimic them during playtime.
Types of Miniature Kitchen Sets Available In The Market
Mini kitchen sets are known by numerous names around the country, one of them being “Bhatukali.” These kitchen mini sets are often gifted to little children by relatives, grandparents and parents to encourage them to explore traditional play methods. The sets are also accompanied by small seeds and counters such as Manjadi/Tamarind seeds/Chirmi or Gumcha seeds to mimic grains and pulses.
Steel Kitchen Set toy online
Mini Kitchen sets also come in various sizes and with a variety of utensils, such as kadais, kundas, ladles, rolling pins, etc. Some kitchen sets are also themed, with a specific category such as frying pans, tumblers, grinding stones, and such.
While most cheap sets are made from plastic and readily available in the market, we recommend steering clear of them. Such sets are terrible in terms of durability and variety and encourage cheap, low-quality labor in the toy manufacturing industry.
Kitchen set with clay
Instead of opting for such sets, we encourage buying sets made of wood, brass and other metals. These days, mini kitchen sets are also manufactured from terracotta, ceramics, and soapstone, giving them added durability and making them good enough to be passed down the generations to come.
Role of Kitchen Mini sets In Golu Arrangements
Navratri and Golu arrangements are an essential aspect of the festivities and include a grandiose display of miniatures, toys and idols in tier-like arrangements. In addition, kitchen utensil miniatures often accompany displays depicting village lifestyles and can also be made part of story-telling setups.
Where To Buy Mini Kitchen Sets Online
Ancient Madurai offers a wide variety of traditional, vintage kitchen utensils made from wood, brass and bronze that make for a radiant addition to your kitchen and dining areas. Each piece is carefully procured, inspected, appraised, and curated into collections to ensure that our buyers get a part of history that is waiting to be cherished in their own homes.
To browse through quality brass and bronze kitchenware, click here.
To visit our blog on differentiating between brass and bronze kitchenware, click here!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a miniature kitchen set cost?
Depending on the material its made, it can cost anywhere between Rs 500- Rs 5000 in India
Can we use Mini Kitchen for real cooking?
The clay miniature kitchen can be used for real cooking.